Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Chidren's Crusade???

According to an RSS Feed from the BBC today, 25% of the children in the UK between the ages of 8-11 has a profile on a social network.

This is a Bad Trend, here's the link to the story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/technology/7325019.stm

I'm in my 60's and I've been in computers since the early 1980's and only recently have I grudgingly joined the ranks of Social Networks Facebook, MySpace and Yes even Twitter (the global tiny-IM messenger and ultra mini-blog).

The recent warning from security experts, say the fancy gadgets that members put on their "space", mainly with javascript, is highly vulnerable to out side attacks. An the popularity of the sites makes it prime real estate for hackers.

My Credo is: Things are Never as safe as we think and hope they are.

That's my Dime.
Wingman

No comments: