Saturday, February 11, 2006

The March of the WORMS (and Viruses)

I've been testing the KlamAV virus protection program for my Linux Box. Nice application, has lots of good bells and whistles. A couple of 3 things tweaked my interest.

One was the downloading of the names of the infectious buggers out there. Pretty adolescent names for the most part, which I guess pretty much goes with the territory.

Two, it also gave a bar graph of the effectiveness of 8 different anti-viral software programs for the current breed of baddies.

And Three, a bar graph of something that BLEW ME AWAY. A month by month rating of the incident of attacks. It seems the most dangerous month for attack is MARCH!

I don't know why, but I'm not taking any chances. Time to beef up the protection...and Word to the Wise...

No comments: